Partners In Care Maryland, Inc is a 501(c)3 community nonprofit, helping older adults remain independent in their own homes and engaged in the community. We provide arm-in-arm, door-through-door transportation for our members to medical facilities of all kinds. We enable people to keep healthcare appointments and travel to grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, and other important destinations. Additional person-centered programs encourage community engagement, help people maintain their homes, support emergency preparedness, and provide meaningful paid and volunteer work opportunities.
Maryland Community For Life is an innovative program developed by the Maryland Department of Aging and supported by the Governor’s Office to support older adults 60+ years old by providing transportation, basic maintenance & home repairs, and service navigation. CFL services make it comfortable and convenient to age at home. Services are designed to prevent the predictable challenges of aging that can require admittance to a nursing home or assisted living facility.
5 Fun Facts…
- We are helping older adults remain independent in their homes and engaged in the community with our oldest adult member being 101 years-old.
- One of the ways we change the lives of older adults every day is our unique culture of service exchange where members receive a service and in return they provide a service. Example: Mrs. M works at our office reception desk and in return, she used her banked hours to receive a ride to the eye doctor.
- We have partnered with Community For Life which is a fee based program that provides guaranteed services such as transportation, home maintenance and navigational services. This program allows us to offer our service-exchange programs.
- One of the ways we combat social isolation and loneliness is with our holiday program Elves For Elders in which volunteers donate and deliver stockings to our members.
- Our Upscale Resale Boutique is a social enterprise accepting donations from our members and the surrounding community. Every sale in the Boutique makes a difference helping to fund programs for our older adult members.
Visit Winter Grace Senior Ministries to Learn More about Our Holistic, Christian Ministry with and for Older Adults. We would love to work with you individually, with your family, and/or your church family. Our mission is to: